The final exciting new touches are in place and Carnival Spirit is on her way back Down Under for one of the biggest cruise season’s Australia has ever seen.
Carnival Spirit has just finished a multi-million dollar makeover in preparation for the new season. Over two weeks dry-docked in Singapore, the ship 2124-guest ship was upgraded with exciting new features for Aussie holidaymakers, as well as some much-loved bits of Carnival Legend.
With seven new additions, cruisers can now delight in a total of 25 bars, lounges and dining options onboard. The curtain is up on some new Playlist Productions too, with high-energy performances across pop, soul and rock ‘n’ roll.
According to Carnival Cruise Lines Vice President – Australia, Jennifer Vandekreeke, Carnival Spirit is going to return to Australia jam-packed with delicious and fun features.
“What’s not to love about poolside tacos, Mexican margaritas and cocktails prescribed especially for cruising?” she said. “With the Mexican food wave currently sweeping across Australia, we can’t wait to treat out Aussie guests to an authentic cantina experience where the beer is always ice cold and the chilli is jalapeno hot.”
What’s new on Carnival Spirit?
Here are some highlights to look forward to:
- RedFrog Rum Bar: Sip the Caribbean’s best rums and rum-based cocktails, while relaxing to live music in this exotic poolside watering hole.
- BlueIguana Cantina and Tequila Bar: This Mexican-style beach cantina is ready to spice up the mid-ship pool area with lip-smacking tacos and burritos. Just next door, bartenders will serve tequila, margaritas and Mexican cerveza just the way they should be – ice cold!
- Guy’s Burger Joint: Carnival Spirit’s first celebrity chef partnership is with the Californian chef, restaurateur and Food Network personality Guy Fieri, and he certainly knows how to make a mean burger! Don’t leave without tucking into his famous Boomerang Burger.
- Alchemy Bar: The theme might be vintage, but there’s nothing old-fashioned about this cocktail “pharmacy”. Let the specialists prescribe one of the all-new cocktails or simply create your own.
- Cherry On Top Lolly Shop: Imagine the sweetest shop you can. Then fill it with even more lollies, gifts, souvenirs and more.
- Bonsai Sushi: This full-service sushi restaurant offers tasty delicacies with popular Asian beers and cocktails.
- Hasbro, The Game Show: Grab your friends and family and join in the larger-than-life games and shows inspired by Hasbro’s family favourites, like Connect 4 Basketball, Operation Sam Dunk and Simon Flash.
- EA Sports Bar: Head down to the interactive EA Sports bar for video games, tournaments and live sports showing on 16 flat screen TVs, not to mention Carnival’s very own Australian-brewed Thirsty Frog ale.
Carnival Spirit is due to arrive in her homeport of Sydney on 14 September, ready to take passengers on cruises around Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
Meanwhile, her sister ship, the 2124-guest Carnival Legend is embarking on her second fun-packed season based in Sydney.
For more information on Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend, check our website.
Carnival Spirit Infographic
Splash into Carnival's New Ocean Themed Kids' Club
Carnival Cruise Line 24 Hour Sale